Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Unleash This! #9, A new Beginning

With UDE's announcement of VS' cancellation, I will keep my promise from last month's entry and I will resume writing, for our mutual entertainment, to attempt at keeping interest in the game, and to dedicate more of me to you guys.

You know I post in the forums ... a ton. Well, that's not gonna change. Why have I been posting so much over there when I could be writing up a blog entry? Well, I was waiting for, what I felt, was the right time; something to relate to our fan-made OP journey.

Well, that time is fast approaching with the Super Saturday New York this Saturday. If you haven't heard of it yet, then you're not really reading this blog entry because you'd have to live under a rock [with no internet access no less] because we've been posting about it everywhere [This is the point where if you actually didn't know about it to look for it].

So, what might that something be? Well, how about something to look forward to, that VS has never officially had: VIDEO COVERAGE!!! That said, there are two previous cases of this happening; once at a BYOT event over in England and once for a Salem Mass DCL draft tapped by Aceswolf which I don't think ever got uploaded =/

Here's how it's gonna go down:
I'll start out before I leave
Then when I reach stop A
Then a little bit of when we're at stop A
Then Maybe tape a conversation as we go from stop A to B
Then a split second at stop B
Then maybe more on the road stuff.
Surely a glimpse of a 24-pack of a certain fizzy orange beverage.
Then the final stop will be the tournament site itself; wrap-up will be a different presentation.

Of course, I haven't said one word of this to Sheye, and whether or not he reads this before I throw the camera at him who knows. Actually ... Yep, he'll read this. Then message me like 'I'm not gonna be your cameraman' and then I'll be like 'I promised the VS community that they'd get video coverage! I'm not gonna break my promise' then he'd be like 'why don't you hold the camera?' and then I win by saying 'I'm driving. 'Nuff said.'

Note: I won't be mean such that I'd make him hold the camera the whole time; otherwise I wouldn't be able to record him raging at Blues682 for running Exiles =0

So, a condensed list of what to look forward to this month:
* Video Coverage of SSNY
* Can you guess what Blink 3-drop and Metaknight have in common?
* Recent format, New twist [not BYON]
* A super-secret awesome thing, although that might be further down the road

and maybe I'll dabble into the Galactus raid deck a bit. I found some unused custom planet cards that I want to mess around with.

Keep at it fellow VS True Believers; we've got a new journey ahead of us.
- Alex "OSM" Lloyd

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH how wrong you are. I was actually charging my battery on MY CAMERA to do just this. Of course my vulgarity will make it hard to want to post anywhere, and people will be annoyed with my sarcasm and mouthy wit rather quick but I will "TRY" to be one my best behavior