Thursday, February 19, 2009

Full Disclosure: MEQ #023


She is mystifying; for one, she's a fleshy. What have we seen so far? a shield, a couple hammers, and an airplane. Obvious equipments. What is this one supposed to be? Are you supposed to throw her at your enemies like a dummy? Assault and Battery, I don't approve. It makes you wonder a couple things. First, who is this woman and what does she have in relation with the rest of what we've seen so far? Next, which is basically the same question worded the other way around, is well is there anyone or anything that is related to the cards we've seen so far that could possibly be related/associated with this woman?

I'll let you ponder that. Or, you can watch the following video:





INTRODUCING:
IRON MAN, THE SHINY KNIGHT!


*roar*

You'll have to excuse me. When I first saw this guy, the first thing I thought was "how would yugi recruit him?" Plus ... Knights slay Dragons. So it fits. [btw, that was the first video I've ever edited, so I apologize if the audio is a little off].

That aside, this guy is RIDICULOUS. He enables a TURN 4 GAUNTLET! [*on a perfect draw]
And that is just with him being a 2-drop Iron Man! You might be thinking that the 3-drop from MEV after he stuns a hunted character equates to being a 1-drop Iron Man [3 cost then the 2 for the freebie] but I don't like relying on my opponent for my deck to work. It's also initiative dependent. The Shiny Night? He'll be your hero on and off initiative.

I've been tweaking my Illuminati deck for him, and I gotta say, he's a very nice addition. Also what with the Illuminati have a 2-cost search in Secret Government, running even 1 copy of the Shiny Knight is very much viable.

What equipment would you run in Illuminati though? I mean the deck is tight as it is. That said, MEQ gave us a couple wonderful trinkets in the form of web shooters and the cloak of levitation that are worth looking at. My list now also calls for a copy of Extremis Upgrade.

Pet decks aside, you noticed his effect too right? Draw power has proven itself to be a very powerful element to the game. Look at Sage in the Exiles deck: Drawing 6-10 cards per shift? She certainly helps you draw into your warp shards, beaks and bodyslides [variant-dependent]. I can see Iron Man leading an army of 1-drop Multiple Man all equipped with Mandroid Armor. All your guys stun, you draw a bunch of cards, and then you One Man Army away a 2-drop Multiple Man to recover all of your Multiple Man army dudes.

Even without trying to make a combo out of it, you'll at least get his effect off once, since it triggers for himself too [assuming you gave him an equipment], much like how Black Cat, 9 lives and any other when a character you control becomes stunned effects go off. So basically he's either good or awesome.

... do you know what else is awesome? The Ring Has Chosen, the super-cool podcast starring Cliff and Squire. I have a feeling there's gonna be one last preview, one last VS UDE printed card, ever, that they just might have on the front page of vssystem.org tomorrow.

It's been one hell of a ride, guys. It's now our time. Let's steer the ship, to wherever we want to go.

- Alex "OSM" Lloyd

4 comments:

HeraldofDoom said...

OMG! A 2 drop Iron Man!

That totally rocks for the Illuminati!

Orange_Soda_Man said...

and Now we know why he's a 2-cost; the woman was weighing him down. OOOOHHHH! Sooo baaad! Yeah I went there. And yeah this is sooo good!

Anonymous said...

Wicked clicking synchronicity time.

Now I just gotta find those other two copies of Quinjet...

Onward!

Anonymous said...

Love the preview. You may be one of the few people that matches my enthusiasm when it comes to Iron Man.

So many suits, and all because life is full of important choices. (As in, which one will he wear today...)

Bravo!