Monday, January 18, 2010

Drafting MUN

So if you guys have been living under a rock over the past few months, you wouldn't know that there was a Battle of the Border event in Toronto this weekend. We'll talk about that in another post and in the forums and over at lost hemisphere. Right now though, we're gonna take a look at a draft, card for card in each pick, and play a little drafting game.

How would you have drafted these?
(forewarning: this is post-live time - there will be times where nothing is happening. I tried to commentate a bit though)

Here's the youtube playlist of the videos:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=865C64D7863F2DB0

or







and here are the rest of the picks in pack 3 since my camera ran out of space:
then
....
....
...
....
....
(the above one would've been the last card but someone forgot about a pile early on so...)
yay 3rd pack last pick kang!

I did a decent job showing alternative possibilities in the videos except for a couple parts, which I wish I had thought to do for the pictures. I'll have to remember for next time.

I lost my first game since I attacked the guy who didn't have flight when I had a modok protecting my beetle, then I beat gday and rather than playing a third game we just played silver since I knew I wouldn't be able to otherwise. This deck was easily a 3-0 deck, I felt. Human error. It just goes to show ya, you can draft and draft and draft and if you lose focus in-game, then that can be just as disastrous as making a bad pick in a draft. See you on the forums guys!
- Alex "OSM" Lloyd

No comments: